Security and Safety
Enrolling in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program
In order to stay up-to-date on information regarding traveling and living in Ecuador, American citizens can enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program.
The new STEP for American citizens allows you to register and update your contact information on the internet at any time, making it easier for you to keep your information current and add new trips as they are scheduled. The site also provides you with up-to-date travel information customized to your unique travel agenda and itinerary. The data you provide is secured behind Department of State firewalls, accessed only by cleared personnel in Embassies, Consulates and the Department of State, and releasable only with your permission under the provisions of the Federal Privacy Act.
Latest Newsletters and Messages for U.S. Citizens
Messages for U.S. Citizens
- March 2, 2015 - Filing 2014 U.S. Taxes (PDF 288kb)
- February 27, 2015 - Personal Safety and Security (PDF 234kb)
- December 5, 2014 - Holiday Season Safety and Security Advisory (PDF 258kb)
- October 9, 2014 - Protest Advisory for October 13, 2014 (PDF 244kb)
- October 9, 2014 - Passport Visa Pages Service Information (PDF 246kb)
If you are a U.S. Citizen currently traveling abroad, you may wish to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program. You can do so through the Department of State's STEP system.
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.