Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation

Who does the Commercial Unit of the Economic and Commercial section serve?

The Commercial Unit primarily serves exporters of U.S. goods and services, particularly small and medium-sized businesses. We have a global network of professional consultants in nearly 300 domestic and overseas offices. Our in-depth counseling includes specific information to help you market your products and services in the global market.

The Commercial staff provides a combination of cost-effective basic and customized services to help you obtain market information, participate in trade events, and identify potential partners.

Our commercial specialists have extensive local market expertise and can provide you with comprehensive market analysis and matchmaking assistance in all industries.

We also help Ecuadorian companies source U.S. suppliers and import U.S. goods and services.

How do I find information about exporting my agricultural products?

You will find information about "Food and Agricultural Import Regulations and Standards-FAIRS" in the Foreign Agricultural Service home page

How do I find Ecuadorian suppliers?

The U.S. Commercial Service does not help U.S. companies find foreign suppliers. Pro Ecuador is the Ecuadorian government office that supports local exporters.

Export Basics

Where can I find customs information for shipping goods to the United States? 

The Customs and Border Protection (CBP) website provides information on customs regulations.

I am an Ecuadorian citizen interested in establishing a company in the United States. Where can I get information? 

Please visit the SelectUSA website where you will find information on investing in the United States, with advice on programs and incentives to help your business succeed. 

Where can I find information on International Buyer Program Trade shows in the United States?

Please visit 2016 IBP shows for the latest information on IBP shows.  If you would like assistance registering for a show, please contact us at

How can I verify the legal status of a U.S. company?

Incorporation of companies in the United States is managed at the state level, and the amount of information available about United States corporations varies according to state law.  To confirm the legal status of a U.S. company, please contact the Office of the Secretary of State for the state where the company is headquartered.  Most states maintain a web portal with a searchable database.  Below is an index of each Office of the Secretary of State:

In addition, Corporations whose shares are traded publicly are also registered with the Security & Exchange Commission (SEC), which manages an online search portal: (

Does a U.S. citizen need a visa to travel to Ecuador?

If you are a U.S. citizen wishing to enter Ecuador, you must present a U.S. passport with at least six months remaining validity. Ecuadorian immigration officials also sometimes request evidence of return or onward travel, such as an airline ticket.

Under Ecuadorian law, U.S. citizens traveling for business or tourism on a tourist passport can enter Ecuador for up to 90 days per calendar year without a visa. Extensions for up to another 90 days can be requested through the provincial migration offices.

For information on other visa categories, please visit:


  • Comercial Unit

    Commercial Specialist: Sofía Zárate
    Industries: Construction, Defense, Energy, Oil, Financial Services, Hotel & Restaurant Equipment, Safety & Security, Waste, and Water.

    Commercial Assistant: Sandra Tinajero
    Industries: Franchises, Health & Beauty, Vitamins, Medical/Dental Equipment, Education, Tourism, Consumer Goods, Plastics and Packaging & Processing Equipment.  

    Please send inquiries about imports of U.S. food and agricultural products to

    For inquiries about consular processes (visas) please write to