Doing Business in the USA
On this page, you will find a quick description of resources available for companies in Ecuador considering investments in the United States and some suggestions for getting started.
Investing in the USA
President Obama announced the SelectUSA initiative to showcase the United States as the world’s premier business location and to provide easy access to federal-level programs and services related to business investment. SelectUSA is designed to complement the activities of our states—the primary drivers of economic development in the United States.
- Remarks by President Obama at 2015 SelectUSA Investment Summit
- Facts on New Steps to Attract Foreign Investors to U.S.
- Browse Business Incentives Offered by States and Territories
Here are some practical steps a potential investor or exporter should follow in order to make best use of U.S. Government services:
- Visit SelectUSA.gov to obtain general information about investing in the United States. SelectUSA seeks to highlight the many advantages the United States offers as location for business and investment. From a vast domestic market, to a transparent legal system, to the most innovative companies in the world, America is the place for business. On the website you can browse business incentives offered by different states and territories.
- Contact us at the U.S. embassy to discuss your interests and needs.
- Contact the nearest office of the Association of State Offices Overseas to learn more about state government resources.
- For information regarding visas, including business visas, please visit http://travel.state.gov/visa/
Commercial Specialist: Sofía Zárate
Industries: Construction, Defense, Energy, Oil, Financial Services, Hotel & Restaurant Equipment, Safety & Security, Waste, and Water.
Commercial Assistant: Sandra Tinajero
Industries: Franchises, Health & Beauty, Vitamins, Medical/Dental Equipment, Education, Tourism, Consumer Goods, Plastics and Packaging & Processing Equipment.
Please send inquiries about imports of U.S. food and agricultural products to AgQuito@usda.gov
For inquiries about consular processes (visas) please write to ConsularQuito@state.gov