VN Rover Secretary
OPEN TO: US Citizen Eligible Family Members (AEFMs) – All agencies
POSITION: Rover Secretary, FP-07
OPENING DATE: February 14, 2012
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled -- minimum two weeks
WORK HOURS: WAE
SALARY: *Not-Ordinarily Resident AEFM: US$19.35 per hour
Position Grade: FP-07
Note 1: All ordinarily resident applicants must have the required work and/or residency permits to be eligible for consideration. See definitions for Ordinarily Resident and Not-Ordinarily Resident
Note 2: All positions advertised are subject to availability of funds.
1. Human Resources will only contact those applicants who demonstrate on their application form that they meet or exceed all the position requirements (education, experience, language, knowledge and skills). Regret letters will only be sent to short listed candidates and AEFMs.
2. For AEFMs: Highest previous rate is not an entitlement and is dependent on the funding availability of each agency and on the exact nature of the previous experience.
The U.S. Embassy in Quito is seeking an Appointment Eligible Family Member (AEFM) for employment in Quito for one position as Roving Secretary for administrative support.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Incumbent provides administrative and secretarial support to the different sections throughout the Embassy as required.
Complete position description
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. If you submitted previous applications, you will still need to provide documentation for this position.
a. Education: High School diploma is required
b. Experience: Must have at least two years of secretarial/administrative experience.
c. Language Proficiency: Level I (Rudimentary Knowledge) Reading/Spoken Spanish and Level 4 (Fluent) written/spoken English are required. Applicant must attach the English/Spanish proficiency interview report from Bloomfield Language School for the application to be considered (see below in section “To apply” for details).
d. Abilities and Skills: The ability to work in a high stress, high volume productivity environment is required.
e. Typing at least 40 wpm required. This skill will be tested by HR. (will be tested)
f. Must have good knowledge in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel and Outlook). (will be tested)
When equally qualified, US Citizen Eligible Family Members (AEFMs) and U.S. Veterans will be given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Currently employed US Citizen EFMs who hold an FMA appointment are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
4. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
5. The successful applicant should be available to enter on duty within 30 days of being notified that s/he has been selected and cleared for employment.
6. All, including preference candidates, must meet all the requirements of the position at the time of the application to be considered, that includes test results.
7. Employment eligibility criteria for this position were established by the hiring supervisor.
8. Tests to assess a candidate’s skill may be given to applicants for any position. Test results will become a part of the candidate’s application package. If the applicant is not available for a test during the established timeframe or if the applicant does not pass the test, then the applicant will not be interviewed.
9. The Embassy will review work references or ask applicant for support documentation of any of the information submitted on applications.
Interested applicants for this position must submit the following or the application will not be considered:
1. Application for U.S. Employment (DS-0174); or
2. A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as an DS-0174; plus:
3. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application and clearly mark the preference on the application or curriculum
4. Ecuadorian work and/or Residency permit required with application.
5. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
6. Language report from Bloomfield Language School, Alemania N30-169 y Vancouver, tel. 2548-624 or 2902791. For applicants living abroad see details under: http://ecuador.usembassy.gov/news/job-opportunities/language-testing-policy.html
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
1) Per email (preferred method)
2) Per hand delivery (please note this method often results in applications not getting any form of response on the recruitment process)
Av. Avigiras E12-170 y Eloy Alfaro
Attention: Human Resources Office
1. US Citizen Eligible Family Member (USEFM) – For purposes of receiving a preference in hiring for a qualified position, an EFM who meets the following criteria:
• US Citizen; and,
• EFM (see above) at least 18 years old; and,
• Listed on the travel orders of a direct-hire Foreign, Civil, or uniformed service member assigned to or stationed abroad with a USG agency that is under COM authority, or at an office of the American Institute in Taiwan; and either:
1. Resides at the sponsoring employee's or uniformed service member's post of assignment abroad or at an office of the American Institute in Taiwan; or
2. Resides at an Involuntary Separate Maintenance Allowance (ISMA) location authorized under 3 FAM 3232.2.
2. EFM: An individual related to a US Government employee in one of the following ways:
• Child, who is unmarried and under 21 years of age or, regardless of age, is incapable of self-support. The term shall include, in addition to natural offspring, stepchildren and adopted children and those under legal guardianship of the employee or the spouse when such children are expected to be under such legal guardianship until they reach 21 years of age and when dependent upon and normally residing with the guardian;
• Parent (including stepparents and legally adoptive parents) of the employee or of the spouse, when such parent is at least 51 percent dependent on the employee for support;
• Sister or brother (including stepsisters and stepbrothers, or adoptive sisters or brothers) of the employee, or of the spouse, when such sibling is at least 51 percent dependent on the employee for support, unmarried, and under 21 years of age, or regardless of age, incapable of self-support.
EFMs without US Social Security Numbers are also OR. All OR employees, including US citizens, are compensated in accordance with the LCP.
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: Open until filled -- minimum two weeks (March 1)
The US Mission in Ecuador provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.