Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Making an Appointment

Making an Appointment for American Citizen Services

The American Citizen Services (ACS) Section of the U.S. Embassy Quito is pleased to offer online appointments for passports, passport renewals or replacements, additional passport pages, Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBA) and notarials. The appointments made below are for ACS services ONLY. For any inquiries about visas to the United States, please visit the VISAS section of our website.

For emergencies requiring Consular assistance during regular office hours of 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., please call (593) 2 398-5000.  For emergencies pertaining to an American citizen after regular officer hours, please call (593) 2 398-5200 and ask to speak with the Embassy Duty Officer.

Schedule an appointment to process a passport service (passport renewal and pages).

Schedule an appointment to process a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) application.

Schedule an appointment to request a notarial service.

To get an apostille or certification on a birth, death, marriage certificate or other state issued documents

The American Citizens Services Section does not schedule appoinments by phone since it includes personal information of each applicant.

Requesting Special Accommodations

The U.S. Government strives to make U.S. Embassy and Consulate facilities accessible to all visitors for Consular Services and is committed to equal access by providing wheel chair access from the point of entry to the Consular waiting room.  If you have a disability and require accommodations at the time of your interview, please email for further instructions after you have made your appointment on-line for American Citizen Services.

Important information

  • Going into the embassy


    Please be aware that everybody entering the Consular Section will go through Embassy security-check.

    Please keep in mind that no cell phones or electronic devices are allowed and everybody that needs to enter the Consular Section will need to leave a picture ID at the entrance.

    Remember that you might need your passport so please bring two forms of picture ID or a copy your picture ID.